rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

Need to reset the computer. need to know the drive cycle for

Customer Question

need to reset the computer. need to know the drive cycle for a 2002 dodge Dakota V-8
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It failed an inspection, couldn't monitor EVAP and O2. I change the battery a few days ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. These monitors are very hard to set, the criteria to do it is very hard to meet, so please don't let the results affect my rating see ing this is not my fault on how long it take. See attachment.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, will try it. How willI know if it worked. Do I have to just go and do the inspection again?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
It would be best to have it checked first so you don't waste any money in case they are not done yet.'Thanks Ron