-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Dodge Magnum: I bought a new key and changed the electronics

Customer Question

I bought a new key and changed the electronics from old key, now no key will work in my magnum, any suggestions?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... You can't swap the electronics, if you see a red light in your dash either the key or SKIM module is bad.. The proper way to correct this issue would be to see what codes are in the SKIM module.. Also a scantool such as the Witech scantool will be needed to program the key key if needed.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This did not help at all. Ok I cant swap the electronics, what do I do now?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
The SKIM is married to the PCM so you can't swap them.. The new key will need to be programmed with a scantool to the SKIM module.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
Are you still here? If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply, if not then don't forget to rate before leaving the site!! Have a greatday,Brad
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Huge waste of money on my part. I've been dupped.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry you feel swapping electronics was a waste of time, but I never suggest swapping any kind of electronics.. I would put it back in the new key and have it programmed.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Expert:  -Brad- replied 10 months ago.
If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply, if not don't forget to honor your good faith deposit and leave a positive rating.. Have a great day,Brad