Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

It starts and runs fine bt i noticed whn you start in morning

Customer Question

It starts and runs fine bt i noticed whn you start in morning itz nt idling lng it idles for bt 5 seconds thn tha white smoke and gas smells kums thn if i let run for 5 min our sw it stalls and it seems like itz getting flooded out cnt get 2 auto store 2 see codez wondering if tht wld be one of tha sensors help please
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yea
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This can be due to a fault with the engine coolant temp sensor sending an incorrect signal or an issue in some cases with one or more of the fuel injectors at fault needing either cleaned or replaced as this can over fuel the engine like this here.I have seen both of these cause this fault needing replaced.If you can post the year and model as well as engine size here this will help but I suspect one of these is the cause. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete