Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

It true to start but will not stay running then I have to let

Customer Question

It true to start but will not stay running then I have to let it sit for a few minutes before it will start and will not go above 1000 rpm
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: So what could it be
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2005 dodge Durango 5.7 l 4x4 all wheel drive
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
I see, thanks..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating... *** A BAD RATING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ***** You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel...…Then if the fuel pressure and flow are good, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged. . . If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No need to call my key chip is bad
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.
You’re welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks...Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..