Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2004 4.7 dak 4x4 getting 10mpg city 13 hwy no codes JA:

Customer Question

2004 4.7 dak 4x4 getting 10mpg city 13 hwy no codes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it starts fine but every now again feels low on power but all new fluids plugs filters ect.... No codes at all starts fine drives fine just getting bad gas. Now it does have 3" lift with 33s but put 4.56 gears to help move it. Also its a 04 dak 4x4 qc 4.7
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent yet I would have the engine coolant temp sensor signal checked to see if it is sending an incorrect engine coolant temp signal.If this sensor is reading colder then the actual engine temp this can cause poor fuel economy as well as a thermostat that is opening to soon allowing the engine to remain cold all of the time. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete