-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9l diesel. The truck

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9l diesel. The truck will start when it is cold, but if at operating temperature it is very hard to start, or won't start at all. I just changed the fuel filter within the last 500 miles or so.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: The transmission has between 10,000 to 15,000 miles on it since a rebuild.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Once it starts, it runs good. Shifts good, plenty of power.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I run fuel treatment in it year round, when it is forecasted to be below 0 degrees, I double the amount.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... When it will not start do you know if the lift pump is supplying 500ml in 10 seconds? Have you done a injector return test? Are you going to be repairing this or are you just looking at what it could be? Talk soon,Brad
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have had it into a repair shot that has a diesel mechanic with 20 years of work in a Dodge Dealership and they found loose fuel lines, but it didn't fix it. I know when I changed the fuel filter a couple of weeks ago I didn't get the o ring on correctly and it sure shot fuel out of the canister like crazy so I know it is getting fuel.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
At this point you will need to perform a injector return test to see if you have a leaking injector which is suspect you have going on.. If you find one leaking I would suggest replacing all the injectors since they all have the same mileage on them.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad