-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

How do I drain down the radiator so I can change the upper

Customer Question

How do I drain down the radiator so I can change the upper hose on a ram 3500 with a Cummins 6.7?
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: The hose coming out of the back of the radiator is leaking and I need to replace it
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm on a tight timeline and have to be on the road Wednesday morning
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... You will need to open the drain cock at the bottom of the radiator to drain some coolant to a jug then replace the hose, after your done add the drained coolant back into the radiator and you should be in good shape... I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad