Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins in it I have

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins in it I have Saul batteries and for some reason it keep over charging the passanger side battery to where it blows the caps off
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: It starts and runs fine but will not get over 10 volts
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: The altanator and batteries r only 5 days old do to it burning up passanger side battery on weds
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that it has check engine light on say low volts on injectors and air heat low volts
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by corroded battery terminals, of a the cable between the passenger side battry and the drivers side battery, have you checked the voltage on both batteries, when its running?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not yet was getting ready to do that now
let me know if what the readings are? with it running
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
14.69 on both batteries while truck is running
ok, you need to remove the battery cable from both batteries, then remove the wires at each cable, seprat them, and clean them all good, make sure they are shiny bright, and reinstall them, this is a very common problem on these, Tim