Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  MO Safety/Emissions Certified on all makes and models with a strong electronics background aiding in electrical troubleshooting.

Dakota SL2001: How do you fix injector bank output driver when

Customer Question

How do you fix injector bank output driver when it does not respond properly to the control signal.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

I dont understand what you mean by that. Can you clarify your question here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the computer error code I get is PO207, it is a dodge dakota SL2001
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The truck is running sluggishly

OK. Well its either going to be a PCM, wiring or injector. The first thing to do is check for 12 volts and a pulsed ground at the injector connector. The easiest way is with a noid light. If you have an autozone nearby I think they have noid light sets on their loaner tool program. If not the tool should cost 20 bucks or so to buy. If the noid light flashes while cranking the engine or with it running then the computer and wiring is fine and the injector is bad. Thats the most likely outcome. You could also try swapping the injector with another cylinder and clear the code and see if the same code comes back or if the code moves to another cylinder.. if so the injector is bad.