sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge ram 1500: i have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 i have to disconnect

Customer Question

i have a 1997 dodge ram 1500 i have to disconnect the battery or it will die also i have no turn signal, no brake lights, no horn, and the power window do not work.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.
Hi there.I could probably help you, but first I'd need some information:engine size, auto or stick, 2 or 4WD, working A/C?which fuse keeps blowing, for what circuit?do you have access to and know how to use a multimeter?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it"s 59 uto 4wd a/c works i do not have a meter
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i have change the window fuse turn signal fuse
I’m sorry, but without you having a meter, I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok please cancel my membership thank you
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!YOu have a handful of different things going on.The battery is dying because a component is drawing current when the key is off and everything should be asleep. It could be a light that is coming on or staying on, a failure in any module, and it isn't uncommon for an alternator to fail and cause a battery draw. An ignition off draw testing using an ammeter is the first step in diagnosing the draw.What fuses are blowing?