Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Ram 1500: What is the purpose of a check valve on the Dodge

Customer Question

What is the purpose of a check valve on the Dodge p/u cooler line from the trans?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Tghat check valve is there to prevent the transmission fluid from draining out of the cooler and back into the transmission when the truck sits with the engine off. If that check valve were not in the line, then the transmission would delay building line pressure and would delay going into gear after starting. I hope this answers your question! And if so, please take a minute to rate my service when you get a chance. Thanks! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you did or did not I can send it again if you did not receive it. Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Let me know if you did or did not I can send it again if you did not receive it. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank you! Chris Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello??