sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2010 dodge 25oo SLT crew cab: My 2010 dodge diesel fuelo gage

Customer Question

My 2010 dodge diesel fuelo gage is does not drop below 1/2 tank have replaced the fuel pump twice with new sending unit so i have confidence thats not my problem any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Note when i fill up the gage goes to full
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
what is your skill level? to determine the fault (it could be the cluster OR wiring you will need to be able to follow a wiring diagram and use a digital volt/ohm meter to get some voltage readings AT the sending unit connector.with the lift pump unplugged what does the gauge read?I will DEFINITLY need the full vin to get the correct wiring diagram
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Low whats the cluster? I have performed the self check and it cycles as follows: Full/1/2/EMPTY
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't get any error codes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Bill Thank you for your help however ait appears this is going to take more time than i want to put into it !!
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.
well the cluster is the instrument cluster ( a computer) and i'm sorry there rarely is a "miracle fix" to diagnosis, there has to be some tests done to get the proper the saying goes, good repairs are rarely cheap and cheap repairs are rarely good
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's going to take some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. Possible causes are the instrument cluster, wiring, the sender, or possibly the TIPM (module/fuse box under the hood.The TIPM is where you'd be looking for fault codes regarding the fuel sender and you may not have that capability. What did you use to check for codes?Where did the replacement transfer pumps come from?