sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Dodge Ram: I have a 2500 ram with a 5.9 cummins. My lights

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2500 ram with a 5.9 cummins. My lights on the top have to be turned on by twisting the knob all the way up. Which also turns on my bed light and dome lights. PROB # ***** is the clearance or cab lights won't work. I was up there tapping one them one day and 3 came on for maybe a sec. Bad ground reckon?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If tapping on the clearance lights allowed them to come on it could be a connection problems or the bulbs themselves, almost surely broken bulb filaments. If no connection problems are found then the affected bulbs should be replaced. On the ones that didn't come on at all you'll either need to use a test light to check for power and ground with them turned on or simply slide a new bulb in and see if they come on.What lights specifically does the other problem involve?