Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Dodge stratus SE 4cyl: Yes I have a doge stratus 2003 4cylinder

Customer Question

Yes I have a doge stratus 2003 4cylinder engine 4 door SE and i have problems with it from time to time like the check engine light turns on and when I'm driving around 65mph it jumps and loses speed and I would have to let go of the gas for a few seconds then it'll stop and it'll do that for the entire drive, I've checked the engine light and it says it is the sensors but the sensors are new what do you think is the problem
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustANswer.My name is ***** ***** please tell me what trouble code it sets?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't remember the code but it said crankshaft sensor something like that
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the sensor was new. So was crankshaft position sensor replaced? Was it genuine part?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes genuine part, do you think It's a computer problem?
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Well, it is possible but you will have to make sure it is not an intermittent wiring issue.You need to check wiring to the crank position sensor, also depends on the trouble code you get it could be something wrong with another sensor -camshaft position sensor. It would be really helpfull to know code number in order to give you more detailes.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I am just checking if you have any update about the problem or if you need more assistance?Thanks