Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

PROBLEMS WITH DODGE DURANGO 2005 HEMI 5.7 ENGINE RIDES VERY

Customer Question

PROBLEMS WITH DODGE DURANGO 2005 HEMI 5.7
ENGINE RIDES VERY BAD MECHANIC FOUND NEED IT TO REPLACE INTAKE MANIFOLD AFTER CHECKING CODES IT SHOWED A LEAK, AND WHEN HE REMOVED THE INTAKE MANIFOLD DISCOVERED ON CIL 8TH THE INSIDE OF MANIFOLD WAS MELTED
GOT A USED MANIFOLD FROM A RAM 2004 AND PUT IT BACK ON, NOW THE ISSUE ITS THE TUBE FROM THE EGR VALVE WILL NOT FIT IN THE NEW MANIFOLD LOOKS LIKE ITS BLOCKED ANY SUGGTESTIONS?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I CAN BE CONTACTED AT(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THE PLACE WHERE YOU SUPPOSED TO CONNECT THE EGR TUBE ON THE INTAKE MANIFOLD ITS WHAT IS BLOCKED I DO NOT KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL ON THE 2004 RAM HEMI 5.7? OR DO I HAVE TO DRILL THE INTAKE?
TO CONNECT THE EGR TUBE?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I would say if you don't want to find the correct intake manifold that fits, and you don't have to have this emission inspected, just block off the egr.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
??? california requires emisions bad!! how can i block the egr?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Forget it, you will fail emissions if any part of the emission is missing.I would suggest finding the correct intake manifold that fits. have you looked for one?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I found a lot of them here, for about $100 on up http://www.car-part.com
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
see this
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Did you see them?