Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

My name is ***** ***** 2003 caravan with code p1391 replace

Customer Question

Hi . My name is ***** ***** 2003 caravan with code p1391 replace both cam and crank sensors with ome part . Have check flywheel for cracks , replace pcm , have load tested wires from sensor to pcm. wiggle tested harness and is very intermittent. looking for held.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you want to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. How does the engine run? Does it run smooth or does it run rough at times (at idle or under a load)?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Runs smooth just cuts out. will restart and die and some times stays running.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Have you checked the cam and crank signals when this happens? If so, what were the readings?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can you check them with out a lab scope? When watching pids it just shuts off.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
There is no way to check the signals accurately without a lab scope.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can other things cause this like a alternator? Have cleaned all grounds and battery ends.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
The alternator will not cause this code.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
cam and crank signal have been checked with lab scope and are fine. signal just drops out when it acts up. can be driven for a day or two with no issue. cam and crank sensors have been replaced twice with oem. pcm has been replaced. wires have been tested. checked for cracked flywheel that is fine. cam sprocket looks fine. what else is there?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Please upload a pic or video of the cam/crank signals. Preferably when this stalling condition occurs. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
will try some times it takes a few days for it to happen again.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
No problem. I will be looking forward to your reply.