-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

P229F code on 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 diesel...suspect random

Customer Question

P229F code on 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 diesel...suspect random code...shows to be NOS #2
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!!!My Name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help you get your vehicle repaired... I checked for any bulletins on a update for this codes and there was none so I would suggest running the diagnostic tests to determine if you have an issue and what it is... I attached the test that will need to be followed and if you don't have a WiTech scantool then it would be a good idea to get one or have the dealership run these tests for you.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it doesn't...the info you provided is readily available for free on internet....the idea here is to avoid the $300 dealer charge just to guess...I could have done that by now....I know the vehicle very well...I drive it everyday to make a living...superbly maintained....Both you and I know that these codes can be bogus...so let me rephrase the question...How can I cheaply turn off or reset this code to see if it returns and why can't the NOS sensor simply be cleaned as soot from diesel is the most likely cause of this stupid code.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 9 months ago.
You will need a scantool to erase the code but if it comes back active I would run the test to determine the issue.. It would also be in your favor to have the ECM/CCN/DCU updated to the latest software to avoid erroneous codes set in the future.. I hope this helps and if you need more assistance feel free to reply, and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site!!Have a great day,Brad