Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW. "Trailer not

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW. "Trailer not connected" shows on the dash even though the trailer is connected. The Trailer is a 2005 Stage gooseneck 40' trailer. It has electric brakes. Both the truck and the trailer have a 7 prong connector. Brakes are not functioning correctly with the Dodge. We hooked it up to an F250 Ford and the brakes worked fine. What can we do to get it to recognize the trailer?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A friend told us there is trailer patch plug on the left side under the steering wheel. We don't know what he is talking about.
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. There must be an open circuit between the trailer brake control module and the 7 way plug on the back of the truck, or the module is defective. You should have a shop or the dealer check that wiring. If it is ok, then have the module replaced. There is no "patch plug" that I know of. Chris