Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Tech, 20+ yrs experience
15093763

My 2005 dodge Dakota has an exhaust leak or ticking sound

Customer Question

My 2005 dodge Dakota has an exhaust leak or ticking sound coming from where the exhaust comes out of the engine. Is this bad to leave unfixed and if I fix it, is it costly?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Does the noise go away after the truck warms up?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It gets better when warmed up but is still there
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
The manifold bolts are common to break and then the gasket leaks. Sometimes the manifolds will warp and need to be replaced. It will need to be replaced eventually because it could cause a check engine light to come on or fail State inspection. If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****