George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan: My Grand Caravan 2002, it leaks

Customer Question

My Grand Caravan 2002, it leaks water into the cabin in the passenger side, but only when the air condition is on. The water accumulates on the passenger floor.
Where that water actually comes from? And, how it should be fixed?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 8 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, The water is condensate from the AC and should be draining out the bottom of the air box through the firewall. Your drain is clogged, if you look on the firewall side there should be a tube at the bottom in front of the passenger's position. Try running a nylon wire tie up the tube to dislodge the debris. Do not use wire or anything stiff, you can damage the evaporator core in the box. Please let me know if you have further questions Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You mean to look for the drainage exit tube in the engine side of the van, by the passenger's position?
Yes that is correct, it is down from where the AC lines and heater hoses connect through the firewall. There may be a wet spot to look for if you have been running the system. Let me know how I can help you with this Thank you
There is information that you may need to caluk the area the drain tube runs through the firewall to prevent the condensate from running back into the cabin. I will see if I can find you a video of that procedure
Click here for video. Look that over and let me know how I can help Thanks