Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2500 longhorn laramie: i have a 2015 ram 2500 longhorn laramie

Customer Question

i have a 2015 ram 2500 longhorn laramie if i take off in drive it kicks out of gear if i take off in drive and manual shift it will shift what could the problem be
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,In order to be able to determine if the problem you are describing is internal or an electronic control concern the r first thing that needs to be done is to scan the computer system to see if there are any transmission fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you get this resolved.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thanks just thought you might have an idea
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately with out having the fault codes its pretty hard to give you a correct any ideas with out guessing. If you can get the scan done I can give you a clear answer.