Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I noticed that every so often my gas indicator light and needle

Customer Question

I noticed that every so often my gas indicator light and needle doesn't work right. The needle will stay down and the gas indicator will stay on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. What causes this fault here that I have run into several times before is a fault with the fuel level sender in the fuel tank.It will intermittently act up or can fail all together causing this issue here needing replaced.The cost varies but usually runs up to $200 for the sender (sometimes around $100) and anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours labor to have replaced depending on your model vehicle here.This unfortunately is a common fault and your fuel level sender needs replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete