Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

D150: My 1992 Dodge d 150 with 318 engine won't start. I just

Customer Question

My 1992 Dodge d 150 with 318 engine won't start. I just bought it from a guy who said it was sitting for five years and needed a fuel pump. I put in a new fuel pump and am getting gas to the fuel rail but after repeated cranking it won't start and the spark plugs are dry
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Your saying that the engine cranks but does not start? There is plenty of fuel pressure and spark but the engine still does not start? Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. The truck Sat without starting for five years and the guy told me it needed a fuel pump. I put a new fuel pump in and a battery. There is gas to the fuel rail but the sparkplugs are dry so I don't think any of the injectors are working
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Ok, to diagnose this concern, we need to check injector pulse. This is done with a tool called a noid light. Simply unplug the injector connector going to one of the injectors and plug this tool into the connector. It should blink as the engine is cranking over.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to a noid light set. http://www.harborfreight.com/11-piece-noid-light-and-iac-tester-set-97959.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at the noid set but it did not state it was for am Dodge. Will it work on my dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
It should work or you can purchase a universal noid light.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-27800-Universal-Noid-Light/dp/B0002SR57Q
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!