Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Sprinter 2500: I have a 2005 5cyl 2500 sprinter van with a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 5cyl 2500 sprinter van with a p0192 code or fuel rail pressure sensor a circuit low input fault how do I determine what to check and where on the engine. I have also had a problem with it starting even in 40 degrees bat new starter new turn key to crank and does not engage starter to crank aux fan turns on I can start it by jumping it to my duramax and starts up. I just purchased the nag 1 conductor plate hoping tranny might be the problem. I use it every day. I'm a mechanics son and a electrical contractor took it to the dealer ship a year ago no luck with the starting issuse hence they installed starter. Still not fixed .
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the fuel rail pressure sensor and harness for damage on the fuel rail. If the harness ans connector checks ok, replace the sensor. For the starting issues if the starter tests good, start at the battery and test the battery for dead cells etc with a digital tester but if new will likely pass. If ok, check all connections and grounds between the battery and starter. Also check all relays and fuses. since it will start connected to your other vehicle it sounds more like a bad ground and it is grounding through the other vehicle to start. Let me know
Let me know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
fuel rail sensor on the common rail front or back ? looks like i have two and due you just turn out with wrench.
The Solenoid is on the back of the rail while the sensor is on the front. It will just unthread with a wrench as you suspected.