Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

This is a 2004 Ford Free Star just do not run. I saw a sign

Customer Question

this is a 2004 Ford Free Star just do not run. I saw a sign on the dash like a star.
I start the car and a little couple minutes and stop it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.
.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. So the vehicle is able to start though when placed into D or R it will not move at all?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car Just start runing normal but a few minuts stop And no works. Again I start the car And the same. Just move a little And stop it.
Thanks, ***** ***** on is for the transaxle. This means there are codes stored. Do you know these codes and can you do transaxle repairs? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I put the diagnóstic machine but no codes show me. I send you two pictures one show a circle like a star. And the other picture show on the right side like a tank engine what means those signs?
I just saw the uploads you sent.Image one is battery and oil light, that is because the engine is not running which i can tell by the tachometer.Image two is the transaxle warning light. A transmission compatible scan tool is needed to get trans codes, those tools start around 1200$. Are you using a tool like that?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No a friend borrow me.
Until we can get the correct scan tool on it, we will not be able to get this correctly diagnosed prior to working on the transaxle.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating at the top of your screen was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris