AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Dodge Durango: My Durango is not starting and just died. I

Customer Question

My Durango is not starting and just died. I think that it may be fuel filter or fuel pump. Where is the fuel filer located on a 2005 Durango?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 months ago.
Hello. You are trying to locate the fuel filter, correct?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I am trying to locate the fuel filter for 2005 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7 liter? My Durango has a full tank of gas and it won't start?
Ok. There is no frame mounted fuel filter for your truck. There are 2 filters but they are both located inside the fuel tank and do not require maintenance. You have a fuel pump relay under the hood in the power distribution center. Check to see if that relay clicks when you turn the key to the on position.
unfortunately I am unable to make a phone call, but one of the other techs may be able to call you shortly.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have located the power distribution center and the 2 fuel pump relay. I believe they are incase in on the driver's side of the vehicle under the hood. It looks like a fuse box. The larger relay did click and the other is just a 20A fuse.
Ok. If the fuel pump relay is clicking, then your problem is likely a bad fuel pump, which is usually the case.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, then I will need to get with a mechanic. The fuel pump will require it to be up on a rack.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
?
The fuel pump will require that the fuel tank be removed to gain access. It is definitely easier on a lift, yes.
would you like the procedure to replace the pump?