sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I'm a dummy that ran my car empty. Went home to get gas, possibly

Customer Question

I'm a dummy that ran my car empty. Went home to get gas, possibly had water I'm it, will not turn over. Also the brake peel will move!
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I have put gas treatment in, and about a QT tank of gas.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Water in the fuel wouldn't prevent the engine from cranking unless it didn't start and you continued to crank it for long enough that enough water built up in the cylinders for it to hydrolock, but that's pretty unlikely.There are many possible causes for a starter not engaging including the ignition switch, the starter itself, the starter relay, wiring, transmission range sensor related issues, etc.What year and model is the vehicle?Have fuses been checked?