Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

The p1693 code tripped on my truck yesterday JA: The mechanics

Customer Question

the p1693 code tripped on my truck yesterday
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I have a 2000 dodge 2500 with a 5.9 24 valve in it, its a 5 speed. I have a edge attitude with juice programmer in it. yesterday driving down the road my juice module git unplugged then my check engine light came on. I stopped plugged it back in it seems to be runnimg fine now I just cant clear the code
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist do you have a scan tool to clear the code???why did the plug come apart?? did you check the plug for any damage??? Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I dont. I just have my programmer. Well my zip tie broke and the cord going to my lift pump got a wrap around my front drive shaft and that caused my plug to come out. I didn't check the plug for damage. But when I try to clear it on my programmer it comes back
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, the fact that it got wrapped around the driveshaft tells me you have some wiring harness issue there. you will need to open the harness and look for damage. the wires may have got stretched and internally broken. Roy