camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My 2007 dodge dakota will not go in reverse, everything else

Customer Question

My 2007 dodge dakota will not go in reverse, everything else seems fine
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  camerontech replied 8 months ago.
hi there,im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.You are either looking at replacing the solenoid pack or rebuilding the transmission.check for any trans code stored and make sure the trans is reading shifter position on data stream. if they are ok then drop the pan and the valve body and inspect the solenoids. they should all be at " 2 ohms" resistance.if any are open or higher resistance, than replace the pack.If the pack is good then you will have to replace or rebuild the transmission.
let me know how you make out! and i am always available for follow upsplease take a moment to rate me !thankscam