sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have an 08 dodge ram 1500 flex fuel 4.7l v8 and it runs a

Customer Question

I have an 08 dodge ram 1500 flex fuel 4.7l v8 and it runs a rough idle about 500 to 700 jumping inbetween I replaced the tps but nothing changed I have also checked the accelerator pedal for problems because the etc light flashed when the truck started doing it not the light does not come on but the promlem is still there
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: rough idle when I start the truck I have to push the pedal and hold it to let it idle after it warms up some its harder to start it but if I slowly release the pedal it will idle about 300-500 rpm and after a min or so slowly shut itself off
JA: Anything else I can tell the Dodge Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: befor I changed the tps I wus able to floor the pedal and it would only let the truck go up to 1500 rpms not I am able to floor the pedal and the engine for the most part will respond correctly
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** sounds like you may just have a dirty throttle body which is common to cause these symptoms. You can get some throttle body cleaner from parts store, spray onto a rag, then wipe out throttle bore. Try and and let me know how it goes. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did that befor putting the new one on the tsp is incorporated with the throttle body so I replaced both
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Ok, I'll open question back up to see if someone else has some ideas. I suppose next thing I'd' try is spark plugs but I'll open question up to see if someone else is more certain. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
before replacing that it would not idle bi itself after replacing the trottle body I can git it to idle but will die if left without me pushing the gas pedal
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if it may be going into electronic throttle control limp in which will limit engine power severely, controlling RPM using spark and fuel only.The first step in diagnosing the problem is to determine what fault codes are setting. Do you know what codes are setting currently or before the throttle body was replaced?The ETC learn procedure with a scan tool was done after the throttle body was replaced?