Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Ram van 2500: I have a 2002 ram van 5.2/46re. there is a short

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ram van 5.2/46re. there is a short in the engine wiring. I need a diagram that shows the 3 pcm pin connections and if possible the wiring color codes.
thanks
runs very good at idle and revs smoothly in neutral but bucks and backfires under acceleration. But when my local mechanic plugged in his Matco scan tool it runs great. turn tool off runs bad. turn tool on runs fine.
if I get it up to cruise speed it smooths out but if I turn on any power...a/c, headlights, or even the blinker it begins to miss and stumble. The only code we find using a "Chrysler" scan tool is ..."o2 sensor short to ground". This is with a replacement Bosch o2 sensor.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 10 months ago.
hello. Here are the connector views with wiring and pin descriptions. Was that all you were looking for? PCM CONNECTOR VIEWS
Is this what you need? If not please let me know and I will do what I can to get you the right diagrams. Please don't forget to rate my service so they will compensate my. I greatly appreciate it. Follow up replies are always free at any time after rating.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Considering my description of how it responds to electrical power changes, where would you start to look?
I'm a painter not a computer tech.
it acts similarly with 2 other computers.
That I am not sure of. The symptoms going away with a scan tool simply being plugged in is very strange and not something I have encountered before. I was only able to provide the diagrams you had asked for. I will have to opt out so all of the other techs can have access to the question. Hopefully one of them will have seen this before and will be able to give you some better insight as to the possible issue. Please don't rate me as it will prevent any other technicians from assisting. Someone will reply right here. It may not be until tomorrow morning, but could be as early as tonight. Hang tight.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I got the diagrams.
thank you
Expert:  Robert R replied 10 months ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.Keep in mind, if you have additional questions, post them here and I'll be glad to continue helping.Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer! Robert