Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Dodge durango r/t: Truck was shutting while driving it said

Customer Question

Truck was shutting while driving it said no bus and gas guage didnt work changed pcm and now it runs fine but. No guages work what should i do?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern. Where did you source the PCM? Does the Cluster still display "no Bus"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Allcomputer resources and yes it does still display no bus
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
This computer is also most likely faulty or they sent you one from the wrong year. Also most of these require initialization at the dealer to enter the VIN and milage. Once you solve the "No Bus" issue, the gauges will start working... Keep in mind that you may replace the PCM multiple times before you get a good one. We see this problem all the time, even with PCM's remanufactured for Chrysler. For some reason, JTEC PCM's built between 1990 and 2002 are the ones that have problems... Let me know if you have additional questions..Thank you,Robert