Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

The ABS, BAS and ESP icons were illuminated on instrument

Customer Question

The ABS, BAS and ESP icons were illuminated on instrument panel. Diagnostic identified problem as ABS Module. Part ordered but before installation could be arranged, these lights went off on instrument panel. Do they shut off after a period of time or could the module problem somehow have corrected?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Sometimes the circuit board in the module can have a failing solder joint connection and fail under temperature changes or vibration. It can be an intermittent failure and the connection can come and go. If the diagnosis was correct and determined that the module is indeed failing, then it should eventually be replaced. Maybe give it some time. See if the module fails again. If and when it does, then replace the module at that time.

I hope this information helps, and if so please take a minute to rate my service!

Thank you,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Hello, did you receive my answer?Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello??

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, just following up with you and checking back to see if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

Chris