mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Error code light is P1200 Driver Squib Circuit Open #1 and

Customer Question

Error code for airbag light is P1200 Driver Squib Circuit Open #1 and Circuit Open #2.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Air Bag light is on on dash board
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

the squib is the charge circuit for the air bag itself. this code is for the steering wheel airbag. do any of your steering wheel buttons work? and do you have basic tools for being able to take apaart your steering wheel?

this is more than likely what they call the clock spring behind the steering wheel that has gone bad. they are not too difficult to change but do take some experience in order to not damage anything. i would recommend taking it to a local garage that has certified mechanics that would be able to do this repair.

if you have no further questions i would appreciate a rating from you if you have a moment.

NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.