Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Well I installed a heli coil in the steering knuckle but I

Customer Question

Well I installed a heli coil in the steering knuckle but I think it was inserted to far in so it's been stripping the caliper pin my question is how can I get the Helicoil out with red thread Locker on it
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Helicoil was installed too far in so it keeps stripping the caliper pins so my question is how can I get the Helicoil out without damaging threads so that may replace the Helicoil and I also use red threadlocker how do I get the red threadlocker to release the Helicoil
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet just asking for advice
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

if you can not pull out or release the heli coil with pliers or a punch and hammer with the red thread locker being fully cured on the heli coil tap it should say the drill size needed

you need to just drill out the heli coil using the drill size it says on the heli coil tap then run the heli coil tap then install the new heli coil

using the drill size on the heli coil tap will not damage the threads that the new heli coil needs to be threaded into

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?