Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Auto Diploma and Database Access

I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Quad cab and the brake light and ABS

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Quad cab and the brake light and ABS light comes on intermittently and some times stays on
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I went to get an inspection after coming back from a 1240 mile trip and the inspector put on the parking brake and the brake light and ABS light came on did not go off until I cut off the truck, then came on after 10 mins. There was no problem with operation but I was wondering what to do next.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible if not on to the dealer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: It has 143,000 miles running great
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** both of these lights come on it usually means the abs module has failed. But since problem is intermittent that means it could also be wiring/connector. Start by checking connector at abs module, then next step is to monitor power/ground during problem. If power/ground are good then problem is is most likely the abs module but I'd still have diagnostic codes checked in abs module so nothing is overlooked. To have module replaced at dealer is about a $500 job. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.