Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2008 RAM 4.7 HAS BEEN SHUTTING DOWN ON P0688 YEARS. IT HAS

Customer Question

2008 RAM 4.7 HAS BEEN SHUTTING DOWN ON P0688 FOR 3 YEARS. IT HAS BEEN TO THREE SHOPS AND TWO DEALERS FOR THIS PROBLEM. EVERYONE HAS GIVEN UP ON FINDING THE SOLUTION. I HAVE $8000.00 IN REPAIR RECEIPTS TRYING TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. DO YOU CARE TO GET INVOLVED? WE HAVE CHANGED EVERYTHING BUT THE PAINT ON THIS TRUCK.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ITS WHAT WE DO. WE ARE A MECHANIC SHOP. AND WE HAVE INVOLVED TWO DEALERSHIPS AND THREE OTHER MECHANIC SHOPS. WE DONT CARE WHO FIXES IT BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO GET IT FIXED.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: THE WORD DODGE SAYS IT ALL.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0688 indicates a problem with the ASD Relay Sense Circuit . The code can be set due to failure of any of the following,

• Automatic Shutdown (ASD) Relay
  • Automatic Shutdown (ASD) Relay Wiring
  • Integrated Power Module (IPM)
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

If you have access to a scan tool there is some testing you can do to determine the cause. See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ASD%20Mar%2030.pdf