-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 Cannot get into the car. Key does not

Customer Question

2005 Dodge Neon SRT4
Cannot get into the car. Key does not open driver door and fob only flashes lights.
Key fob illuminates the lights and can hear a click while sitting inside the vehicle under the dash.
Car is daily driven so not siitting.
Have tried swapping remote keyless entry modules and doors still won't unlock. Something I am missing?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.
You can't swap SKIM modules as they are married to the VIN. What codes was in the original SKIM module?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't think I am following, I apologize. I originally took the car to the dealer and all they could tell me was that my door locks must be rusted to the point they are frozen. I can't see how thats possible as the car was operating fine a few hours before the issue started.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Used the keyless entry module and key fobs from another friends car.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Again the SKIM module is married to the VIN so it won't do any good to swap it. The remote transmits to the SKIM module to lock and unlock the doors and it will not affect unlocking the door manually with your key. If you need to unlock the door you just need to insert the key and turn it left and right. If it will not turn try the key in the hatch and if it will not turn then it's likely the previous owner has changed the ignition key cylinder so you will need a key cut from the VIN to manually unlock the doors..

For the electrical issue of the remote not unlocking the doors you will need the remote tested with a RF tester to verify it's working properly, and then if it's good you will need a scantool to see what codes are in the original SKIM module. You will need to erase the codes and then try and start it then tell me what active codes it has..

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Figured out the issue.So the lock switch on the driver door was stuck in the on position. That fried the keyless entry module and also fried each door latch actuator. Which caused each door to be constantly locked. I tested a door latch actuator off another car with a different keyless entry module and it works. You can see on the switch that is broken on the driver door that it's stuck in the on position.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Glad you got it figured out!!!!

If you need anymore assistance all you have to do is reply..
And feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs.

Don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,
Brad