Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have voltage at the fuses in the power distribution center

Customer Question

I have voltage at the fuses in the power distribution center in the engine compartment but none at the interior fuse block. Is there a main fuse between these locations
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I turn the ignition switch there is no response. The battery and connections are good.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I was told there is a main fuse somewhere.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking fuses in the power distribution center and in the fuse block. All good.
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: I blew the fuse on the high mounted rear brake lamp and replaced it but lost power at the battery.
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Year??
Make??
Model??
Engine??
.

hello?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000 Dodge Ram 3500 5.7L
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blew high mounted rear brake lamp fuse. But no response to ignition key. Looking for a fuse.

will opt out..........
2000 Dodge had 5.9 gas & Diesel
Someone else should have info........

please do not respond to this, as it will Lock Question
IF someone else can help they will respond

Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.

With ignition on, is there voltage at the black/White, Dark Blue and Orange/Black wires coming out of the ignition switch to the fuse block?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In looking for the wire, discovered I had not plugged a connector back together. Now have power. Do not need you.

Thank you for visiting our site.

Best Regards.