Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Running a bit rough and I suspect vacuum leak. Ignition is

Customer Question

Running a bit rough and I suspect vacuum leak. Ignition is really hot except for one strange thing
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well it runs a bit rough when accelerating I did the pull spark plug wires when idling. this is a sideways V-6 so being in a wheel chair I can only check 2, 4 and 6. disconnecting 4 and 6 I don't get much of a change, The ignition is real hot, spark will jump a 1 inch gap
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Mainly want to see if its anything I can reach myself, (in a wheel chair) I was mechanic for years on airplanes and worked on my own vehicles
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Just that it only has 80K milliage and my wife, the driver says she saw the check engine light on
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm a 16 yr Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep dealership technician that will be helping you today. NOTE: The deposit you placed will not credit me unless you rate me positive, and feel free to reply to me as many times as needed even after the rating.

What kind of Dodge do you have also what codes setting in the PCM?

Talk soon,