Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2001 durango, 5.9, no 1st no o/d, indicator only shows p and

Customer Question

2001 durango, 5.9 , no 1st no o/d , indicator only shows p and n, (it will go in low if you put it in nuetral, wait a second and then put selector in low) codes are p0753, p1765, p1899
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: put all sensors in trans, including the spring for the o/d gov. ( it was broke)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: i changed mtr and trans and wiring harness , it was a 4.7 , both vehicles are 2001 durangos... i only change the harness under the hood
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The codes P0753 indicates a problem with the 3-4 Solenoid/Transmission Relay Circuit . The code P1765 indicates you have a Transmission Relay Circuit Malfunction and should be checked first. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Trans%20codes%20Mar%2029.pdf

The code P1899 indicates a problem with the Park Neutral Position (PNP) Switch. See the steps in the link below to check it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Park%20switch%20Mar%2029.pdf