Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My 01 ram 1500 5.2 just died on me. I sprayed starting fluid

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** My 01 ram 1500 5.2 just died on me . I sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body thing it is a fuel issue but still no start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It had the check engine light on for a long time and was terrible on gas. Yesterday I drove it filled up with gas and the check engine light went off. Today it started fine drove to get a cup of coco . I was sitting idling and it just died.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 8 months ago.

Hi there. Are you planning on fixing this yourself? If so, please be aware of the fact that we can only provide technical guidance; you provide all tools and mechanical skills. Are you Ok with that?