Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

The check engine light is on code 5 9720 is showing, I just

Customer Question

the check engine light is on code 5 9720 is showing,
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Dodge Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just had repairs done about 4 weeks ago- on the intake manifold, but now the check engine light is back!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, I just want to know what I'm talking about when I bring it back in. DiD they do it right or maybe missed something?
JA: OK! The Dodge Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Dodge Mechanic should know about your Dodge?
Customer: Don't think so?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

what repairs were done exactly??? what was the code at that time???

Roy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know the code prior to repair of the intake manifold, the check engine light returned after about 2-3 weeks
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.

ok but we dont even know if it is related to the repair. we need the code now to see where the system failure lies. can you take it to a parts store and have them read it for you?? it is a free service.

Roy