mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Do most RAM dealers have new fuel gauge sending units in

Customer Question

Do most RAM dealers have new fuel gauge sending units in stock, and can you plz tell me its costs and approximate labor charges? Yep, mine aint working. 2014 1500 with 5.7, 42,000 ***** *****. Crap!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what else will assist you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

it is generally around 3-4 hours labor. and yes most of the dealers have them on hand. yet you can get a quality aftermarket one for a more reasonable price. as long as you stay away from airtex. based on local laborrates i cant tell you exactly about what it cost but i would say around 500 in labor to remove and replace it plus the cost of the sending unit.

is your guage not working?

you can do a guage sweep test to ensure you dont have a cluster problem. if you hold the trip reset down with the key off and continue to hold it while you turn the key to on it will do a guage self test sweep all the guages should do a full scale sweep and all the lights should illuminate.

i will be back later today if you have any more questions.

i you could give me a review it would be appreciated as this is how i am compensated.