Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

How do I reset the error codes on a 2015 ram diesel 6.7.

Customer Question

How do I reset the error codes on a 2015 ram diesel 6.7. Getting a diesel exhaust fluid error. Limp mode in o9 miles.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the codes (DEF Related) you have NO CHOICE but to visit the dealer. The problem MUST be diagnosed AND repaired BEFORE the ECM will allow the codes to be cleared and the DEF related message on the dash to be able to be cleared. There is NOTHING that you can do as the owner of the vehicle to reset the ECM.

If you can have it scanned somewhere and post any codes retrieved here, I can give you some ideas as to where you will need to go with the diagnostics. I suspect since it is a 2015, it may still be under warranty and any repairs that will be needed should be covered under this factory warranty and they should be no cost to you...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I wish I could remove all the crap that they put on this truck and turn it into a 2007.
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I hear you there....

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!

Thank you!

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >"http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-Robertr/?r=SprinterRob&bt=0" My Profile Page[/URL](Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.