Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 desiel pick up. I want to

Customer Question

i have a 2004 dodge ram 2500 desiel pick up. I want to change the electric vacuum pump.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

What is it that you need to know about changing the electric vacuum pump?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
where is it located on my truck.
I am planing a trip to New Mexcio. Having it serviced at the local dealer to make sure the trip was trouble free. 661 dollars later the cruise control does not work because a brake switch needs replacing. I was ok with that until they told me that it needed a vacum pump for another 451! Then telling me that there was not one one the west coast and wanted to keep me truck until they could find one. Sorry that is not going to work. I found one at the local auto parts for less then 90.
So I think that I am upset with the dealer so I will change it myself. I need to know where and how.
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Vacuum pump should be located near the passenger side battery. Normally mounted to the battery tray or the right side fender...

If you need pics, let me know, I'm sure I can round something up for you...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert