Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 3000 GT sohc 3.0 none turbo can I put a dohc 1995

Customer Question

I have a 3000 GT sohc 3.0 none turbo can I put a dohc 1995 3000. GT in its place. Or do I need to change the computer.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 8 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

No you cannot install a DOHC engine in it's place. You would need to change the computer as well as the engine wiring harness to match the DOHC engine. This is still no guarantee that the DOHC engine would work in your vehicle..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert