sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Getting dvd error constantly. i dont use the navigator

Customer Question

getting dvd error constantly. i dont use the navigator system. can i only eject the dvd , and eveything will be keep functioning except for the navigator ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: shows in the screen error reading DVD-ROM.pls check the disc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have a failure internal in the radio or a damage navigation disc. If the disc hasn't been removed then odds are it is ok. Removing the disc may or may not allow the radio to work.

What year and model is the vehicle and what is the radio sales code printed on the face of the radio?