sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

06 3.5 charger abs light comes on car won't start

Customer Question

06 3.5 charger abs light comes on car won't start speedometer won't move
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car started then abs light and 2 other lights cane on then the speedometer hand dropped to zero rpm hand went to 3 and car wouldn't change out then when shut car off it won't start again
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My husband
JA: Is there anything else the Dodge Mechanic should be aware of about your Dodge?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Our top Dodge Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Dodge Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Dodge Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the initial issue was with the ABS module not communicating. If the ABS module loses communication then the ABS, BAS and traction control lights will come on. The speedometer will be lost and since the transmission controller doesn't have a rear wheel speed message the trans won't shift. This wouldn't cause the engine to not start though.

What happens when you try to start the engine?