sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Why would the coil alarm come on in a dodge ram 3500 4x4

Customer Question

Why would the coil alarm come on in a dodge ram 3500 4x4 cummins turbo diesel big horn edition pickup?..just passed 64 point inspection last july but fuel filter was not replaced then..it is still green. ????
..
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My son in law is driving it now to tn pulling my 18 ft aljo trailer..he is on the road now..hes also said ABS light came on also...running lightswerent working..he teplaced a fuse and they are working now..??ABS light went off also
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He is on 97 in oregon..left odaho at noon today
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He said truck is running fine..just dont want further damage if he should stop driving it?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The ABS light will come on when the ABS module sees an issue that will prevent proper operation and sets a fault code. There are many possible causes including the brake switch, wiring, the module itself, the hydraulic control unit, and wheel speed sensors. Speed sensor failures are most common. The first step in diagnosing the ABS light will be to see what fault codes had set.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by coil alarm?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could you call my son in law sean @***-***-****?..he is deiving the truck..i am not in it..
Unfortunately I'm unable to talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok..nevermind